Cambridge Dictionaries online Cambridge Dictionaries online

The most popular online dictionary and thesaurus for learners of English


English definition of “bookbinder”


noun [C]     /ˈbʊkˌbaɪn.dər/ US  /-dɚ/
someone whose work or skill involves fastening loose pages together inside a cover to make a book Covering and adding layersPeople who work in publishing bookbinder's (plural bookbinders) a place where bookbinders work Covering and adding layers bookbinding     /-dɪŋ/ noun [U] Books and parts of booksCovering and adding layers
(Definition of bookbinder noun from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press)
Focus on the pronunciation of bookbinder

Browse related topics

You are looking at an entry to do with Covering and adding layers, but you might be interested in these topics from the Including and excluding topic area:

Translations of “bookbinder”

Word of the Day


to mix eggs with a little milk and mix again as they are being fried

Word of the Day


Read our blog about how the English language behaves.

Learn More

New Words

Find words and meanings that have just started to be used in English, and let us know what you think of them.

Learn More