Cambridge Dictionaries online Cambridge Dictionaries online

The most popular online dictionary and thesaurus for learners of English

English definition of “bookbinder”


noun [C] uk   /ˈbʊkˌbaɪn.dər/ us    /-dɚ/
someone whose work or skill involves fastening loose pages together inside a cover to make a bookCovering and adding layersPeople who work in publishing bookbinder's (plural bookbinders) a place where bookbinders workCovering and adding layers
noun [U] uk   /-dɪŋ/ us  
Books and parts of booksCovering and adding layers
(Definition of bookbinder from the Cambridge Advanced Learners Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press)
What is the pronunciation of bookbinder?
Add Cambridge dictionaries to your browser to your website

Translations of “bookbinder”

Word of the Day


to press something quickly and quite hard between two objects, especially sharp objects such as teeth or nails

Word of the Day


Read our blog about how the English language behaves.

Learn More

New Words

Find words and meanings that have just started to be used in English, and let us know what you think of them.

Learn More