glassblower definition, meaning - what is glassblower in the British English Dictionary & Thesaurus - Cambridge Dictionaries Online

Cambridge Dictionaries online Cambridge Dictionaries online

The most popular online dictionary and thesaurus for learners of English

English definition of “glassblower”

See all translations


noun [C] uk   /ˈɡlɑːsˌbləʊ.ər/  us   /ˈɡlæsˌbloʊ.ɚ/
someone who blows air down a tube to form heated glass into objects
noun [U] uk   us   /-ɪŋ/
Translations of “glassblower”
in Chinese (Traditional) 玻璃吹製工人,吹玻璃工 人…
in Chinese (Simplified) 玻璃吹制工,吹玻璃工…
(Definition of glassblower from the Cambridge Advanced Learners Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press)
What is the pronunciation of glassblower?
Add Cambridge dictionaries to your browser to your website

Word of the Day


(of winds) very strong

Word of the Day

They sometimes go here and they never go there: using adverbs of frequency

by Liz Walter,
April 29, 2015
Sometimes, always, often, never: these are some of the most common words in English.  Unfortunately, they are also some of the words that cause the most problems for students. Many of my students put them in the wrong place, often because that’s where they go in their own languages. They say things

Read More 

Evel abbreviation

May 04, 2015
English votes for English laws; the idea that only English (as opposed to Scottish, Welsh or Irish) MPs should be allowed to vote for laws that affect only England Yet these are the two principal constitutional proposals that have come from the Conservative party in its kneejerk response to Ukip’s English nationalism and

Read More