Cambridge Dictionaries online Cambridge Dictionaries online

The most popular online dictionary and thesaurus for learners of English

English definition of “WYSIWYG”


adjective uk   /ˈwɪz.i.wɪɡ/ specialized us  
abbreviation for what you see is what you get: describes an image on a computer screen that is exactly the same when it is printedComputer concepts
(Definition of WYSIWYG from the Cambridge Advanced Learners Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press)
What is the pronunciation of WYSIWYG?
Add Cambridge dictionaries to your browser to your website

Definitions of “WYSIWYG” in other dictionaries

Word of the Day


to throw or drop something carelessly

Word of the Day


Read our blog about how the English language behaves.

Learn More

New Words

Find words and meanings that have just started to be used in English, and let us know what you think of them.

Learn More