activity noun (MOVEMENT)
- The house, usually bustling with activity, was strangely silent.
- There is increased volcanic activity in the region.
- Have you seen the feverish activity in the kitchen?
- The house was a hive of activity on the day before the wedding.
- After a sudden burst of activity, the team seemed to run out of energy again.
activity noun (WORK)
criminal activities 犯罪活动
- After weeks of frenetic activity, the job was finally finished.
- Textbook writing can be an intellectually and financially rewarding activity.
- There was a sudden spurt of activity in the housing market.
- There has been a lot of criminal activity in the town lately.
- He was imprisoned for his terrorist activities.
activity noun (ENJOYMENT)
- These activities should be available to all pupils, not just a select few.
- She does a variety of fitness activities.
- Hostile feelings and violent responses often seem to be sublimated into sporting activities.
- indoor activities
- leisure activities