actualadjective [ before noun ]uk /ˈæk.tʃu.əl/ us /ˈæk.tʃu.əl/
We had estimated about 300 visitors, but the actual number was much higher. 我们估计大约会有300名来宾，可实到人数要多得多。
The exams are in July, but the actual results (= the results themselves) don't appear until September. 考试是在7月份，但是真正等到成绩出来得9月份。
in actual fact
- I often prefer the ads on TV to the actual programmes.
- The documentary was a misrepresentation of the truth and bore little resemblance to actual events.
- The actual signing of the treaty was a downbeat affair without any ceremony.
- Their predictions were hopelessly out of line with the actual results.
- He said he went to Florida for medical treatment, but in actual fact he was trying to escape from the British police.