[ + question word ] She advised us when to come. 她给我们出主意，告诉我们该什么时候来。
She advises the president (= gives information and suggests types of action) on African policy. 她是总统的非洲政策顾问。
You would be well advised to (= it would be wise for you to) have the appropriate vaccinations before you go abroad. 明智的做法是，在出国前接种适当的疫苗。Note: Do not confuse with the noun, advice.
- You looked equally nice in both dresses - I wouldn't know which one to advise you to buy.
- The personnel manager will be pleased to advise you.
- We need you to advise us on how to proceed.
- His doctor advised him not to take any strenuous exercise.
- We were advised to book early if we wanted to get a room.