ahead adverb (IN FRONT)
B1 in front在前面，在前方
Turn left at the traffic lights, and you'll see the hospital straight ahead. 在交通灯那儿左转，正前方就是医院，你一眼就能看见。
Rick walked on ahead of us. 里克走在我们前面。
You go on ahead of (= before) me, and I'll meet you there. 你先走，我们在那儿会合。
Apparently, the latest opinion polls put the Democrats 15 percent ahead of the Republicans. 据最近的一次民意测验显示，民主党领先了共和党15个百分点。
Barcelona was ahead after ten minutes. 10分钟后巴塞罗那队领先。
- The path ahead was flat and smooth.
- We must stay one step ahead of our competitors.
- In the last few metres of the race, she suddenly zoomed ahead.
- You two go ahead - Sam and I'll bring up the rear.
- He kept his eyes on the road ahead, his face taut with concentration.
ahead adverb (IN THE FUTURE)
B1 in or into the future将来，未来，今后；在前面
- I've got a busy week ahead of me.
- Planning so far ahead makes no sense - so many things will have changed by next year.
- Normally, I plan one or two days ahead.
- The hardest part of the competition still lies ahead of us.
- Friendless and jobless, he wondered how he would survive the year ahead.