aim noun (INTENTION)
Our short-term aim is to deal with our current financial difficulties, but our long-term aim is to improve the company's profitability. 我们的短期目标是解决当前的财政困难，但长远目标是提高公司的盈利水平。
- The writer's aim was to debunk the myth that had grown up around the actress.
- The aim was to cut off the enemy's escape route.
- The aim is to improve the public image of the police.
- The aim of the association is to perpetuate the skills of traditional furniture design.
- She set out with the aim of becoming the youngest ever winner of the championship.
aim verb (INTEND)
- We always aim to give our clients personal attention.
- Psychoanalysts aim to explore the innermost recesses of the mind.
- The Pentagon is aiming to cut US forces by over 25 percent in the next five years.
- We're aiming to expand our customer base.
- The builders are aiming to get the job done by the end of the month.
aim verb (POINT)
- In a level voice, he ordered the soldiers to aim and fire.
- She aimed at the target.
- The gun turret revolved until the gun was aimed at the advancing soldiers.
- Video footage clearly shows a police officer aiming a pistol at a demonstrator.
- She picked up an apple and aimed it at his head.