all rightadjective [ after verb ], adverbalso not standard alright uk /ˌɔːl ˈraɪt/ us /ˌɑːl ˈraɪt/
all right adjective [ after verb ], adverb (GOOD/SATISFACTORY)
I wouldn't say she's rich, but she's doing all right (= being reasonably successful). 我不能说她很富有，但是她日子过得还可以。
Is everything all right, madam? 一切都还好吗，夫人？
B1 only just good enough不错的，还可以
This wine's all right, isn't it? 这酒还可以 ，是吧？
Her mum's really strict, but her dad's all right. 她妈妈很严厉，但她爸爸还好。
it's all right for sb
It's all right for you - your mum takes care of the children whenever you want. 海伦当然不用担心。只要她需要，她妈妈会随时帮她照看孩子。
- Do you still dislike your office, or do you think it's all right now?
- "It'll be all right," she said comfortingly.
- Are your roses doing all right this year?
- It's all right working with him, but living with him would be a different matter altogether.
- Would it be all right if I left my suitcase here for a few minutes?
- £50 per hour? It's all right for some.
- It's all right for people who can afford it.
all right adjective [ after verb ], adverb (SAFE)
all right adjective [ after verb ], adverb (ABLE TO MANAGE)
Are you all right with those cases? 你一个人拿这么多箱子，还吃得消吧？
all right adjective [ after verb ], adverb (AGREED)
All right, that's enough noise! 行了，吵死了！
"Are you sure you won't come with us?" "All right then. If you insist." “你真的不过来跟我们喝一杯？”“那好吧，你非让我过去的话，我就去吧。”
Would it be all right if I came? 我去可以吗？
[ + to infinitive ] Chris wants to know if it'll be all right to come over to see us this evening. 克里斯想知道他今晚是否可以过来看我们。
it's all right A2 also that's all right
"Thank you for the flowers." "It's all right (= there's no need to thank me). I thought they might cheer you up." “多谢你送花给我。”“别客气，我想这些花能让你心情好一些。”