animalnoun [ C ]uk /ˈæn.ɪ.məl/ us /ˈæn.ə.məl/
animal noun [ C ] (CREATURE)
- The panda is becoming an increasingly rare animal.
- The farmer was accused of cruelty to animals.
- Some animals hunt at night.
- These remote islands are inhabited only by birds and small animals.
- Personally , I don't think animals should be killed for their fur.
animal noun [ C ] (BAD PERSON)
animal noun [ C ] (TYPE)
She is that rare animal (= she is very unusual), a brilliant scientist who can communicate her ideas to ordinary people. 她是个少见的奇才，是一位能够把自己的思想传达给普通人的优秀科学家。
animal adjective (FROM ANIMALS)
animal adjective (PHYSICAL)