appointment noun (ARRANGEMENT)
I'd like to make an appointment with Dr Evans, please. 劳驾，我要预约埃文斯大夫的门诊。
I've got a two o'clock appointment with Ms Edwards.
If he didn't have a secretary to remind him, he wouldn't keep (= remember to be present at) any of his appointments. 如果没有秘书提醒，他会把所有的约会通通忘掉。
That's the second appointment he's missed. 这是他第二次失约。
- I have a four o'clock appointment at the hairdresser's.
- I'm a patient of Dr Stephens, please could I make an appointment to see her?
- Would a ten o'clock appointment be more convenient for you?
- The manager has no free appointments this week, I'm afraid.
- Please cancel my appointments for tomorrow afternoon - I have to go to a funeral.
appointment noun (JOB)
We would like to announce the appointment of Julia Lewis as head of sales. 我们很高兴地宣布朱莉娅•刘易斯被任命为销售部主任。