arm noun (BODY PART)
the arm of a jacket 夹克袖子
the arm of a chair 椅子扶手
arm in arm
arm noun (WEAPONS)
arms [ plural ]
arm noun (OF LAND/WATER)
arm noun (OF ORGANIZATION)
They are currently arming for war. 他们正在武装起来，为战争做准备。
She armed herself for the interview by finding out all she could about the company in advance. 为准备面试，她事先尽其所能地了解了那个公司的情况。
- The police have to arm themselves against attack.
- In arming the dictator, the US was creating a Frankenstein who would threaten their influence in the region.
- Rioters armed with firebombs set light to police barricades.
- If he's not armed, don't shoot.
- War seemed inevitable and both sides were arming in preparation.