articlenoun [ C ]uk /ˈɑː.tɪ.kəl/ us /ˈɑːr.t̬ɪ.kəl/
article noun [ C ] (NEWSPAPER)
- The article appeared on the front page of the Guardian.
- If you spot any mistakes in the article just mark them with a pencil.
- Her article on diet startled many people into changing their eating habits.
- The newspaper published a toughly worded article about racist behaviour.
- She has written articles for several women's magazines.
article noun [ C ] (GRAMMAR)
- When I say "I'm a dentist", I am using the indefinite article "a".
- It is not correct to include the article 'a' before a plural noun.
- Uncountable nouns should not have an indefinite article in front of them.
- The sentence 'Paris is the capital city of France' uses the definite article.
- With French nouns, like 'la maison', it's important to learn the article that goes with the noun.
article noun [ C ] (OBJECT)
articles of furniture 几件家具