basketnoun [ C ]uk /ˈbɑː.skɪt/ us /ˈbæs.kət/
basket noun [ C ] (CONTAINER)
a wicker basket 柳条筐
› the contents of a basket篮／筐内的物件
- The little kittens and their mother were all curled up asleep in the same basket.
- It takes great skill to weave a basket from/out of rushes.
- A flower arrangement in a large basket stood on a (flower) pedestal in the corner of the room.
- They sell dried flowers and baskets and that type of thing.
- Most of the letters they receive end up in the wastepaper basket.