bitnoun [ C ]uk /bɪt/ us /bɪt/
bit noun [ C ] (AMOUNT)
Would you like a bit of chocolate? 你想来点儿巧克力吗？
I don't understand this bit.
a bit informal
a bit of sth
That was a bit silly, wasn't it? 那有点儿蠢，对吗？
I'm a bit nervous. 我有点儿紧张。
Would you like a bit more cake? 你想再来点儿蛋糕吗？
not a bit
- I think we need a bit of colour in this room.
- We may as well finish off this pie - there's only a little bit left.
- I brought a few things back from India - bits of jewellery and material mainly.
- I've bracketed the bits of text that could be omitted.
- That salmon was very expensive so make sure you eat up every bit.