body noun (PHYSICAL STRUCTURE)
- The human body is composed of about 60% water.
- The jacket hung loosely on his thin body.
- Police had marked off the area where the body was found.
- His head throbbed, and his body ached.
- The bodies of dolphins are more streamlined than those of porpoises.
body noun (GROUP OF PEOPLE)
a governing body 管理机构
an advisory body 顾问团
in a body formal
- a self-regulating body
- These three official bodies are the guardians of the nation's countryside.
- FIFA is football's world governing body.
- The elections will be overseen by an independent body.
- Almost the entire student body took part in the demonstration.
body noun (AMOUNT)
body noun (MAIN PART)
the body [ S ]