care for sb
— phrasal verb with care uk /keər/ us /ker/ verb [ I ]
She can't go out to work because she has to stay at home to care for her elderly mother. 她不能出去工作，因为她得呆在家里照料年迈的母亲。
- Most people would prefer to be cared for at home rather than in a hospital.
- They cared for their disabled son for 27 years, at great personal sacrifice.
- While some patients can be adequately cared for at home, others are best served by care in a hospital.
- Caring for young children can be exhausting.
- He spent many years caring for his senile mother.