chatverb [ I ]uk /tʃæt/ us /tʃæt/ -tt-
We were just chatting about what we did last weekend. 我们正在聊上个周末做了些什么。
- I'd love to stop and chat but I'm rather pressed for time.
- We were just walking along, chatting.
- Half an hour later, she was smiling and chatting as if nothing had happened.
- We spent a very jolly evening together, chatting and drinking.
- He soon nosed out the details of the accident by chatting innocently to people and making some phone calls.
chatnoun [ C or U ]uk /tʃæt/ us /tʃæt/
Why don't you give me a call and we'll have a chat? 为什么你不给我打个电话，我们好好聊一聊呢？