chemicalnoun [ C ]uk /ˈkem.ɪ.kəl/ us /ˈkem.ɪ.kəl/
The government has pledged to reduce the amount of chemicals used in food production. 政府承诺减少食品生产中化学制品的用量。
- They use special chemicals to accelerate the growth of crops.
- Organic chemicals are used in the manufacture of plastics, fibres, solvents and paints.
- The body produces chemicals that are natural painkillers.
- Toxic chemicals continue to be dumped in the North Sea.
- Many chemicals have a damaging effect on the environment.
B2 relating to chemicals化学的；化学制品的
- Sodium chloride is the chemical name for common salt.
- All chemical weapons facilities will be deactivated.
- Estimates of the amount of money needed to decontaminate the heavily polluted chemical installations vary.
- We had to learn chemical formulae at school, but I can only remember H2O for water.
- The chemical properties of coal are still incompletely understood.