citynoun [ C ]uk /ˈsɪt.i/ us /ˈsɪt̬.i/
city noun [ C ] (TOWN)
Many of the world's cities have populations of more than five million. 世界上许多城市的人口超过500万。
The city of Ely has about 15,000 inhabitants. 伊利市有大约1万居民。
- The traffic congestion in the city gets even worse during the summer.
- Their house is in a very desirable area of the city.
- For me, Venice is easily the most beautiful city in Europe.
- Many farm labourers moved to the towns and cities to look for work.
- Mexico City is one of the most densely populated cities in the world .
city noun [ C ] (FINANCIAL CENTRE)
the City [ S ] UK
He works in the City. 他在伦敦商业中心上班。
a City analyst 伦敦商业区分析师