cold adjective (LOW TEMPERATURE)
cold hands 冰凉的手
cold weather 寒冷的天气
My feet are so cold. 我的双脚冰凉。
It's freezing cold today. 今天冷极了。
- It's very cold so put a jumper on.
- "I'm cold." "Shall I close this window?"
- A blast of cold air hit him as he opened the window.
- We spent the day on the beach but it was too cold to go swimming.
- I had a cold chicken breast and salad for lunch.
cold adjective (UNFRIENDLY)
She would never feel welcome in this city with its cold, unsmiling inhabitants. 置身这个城市里冷漠、面无笑容的居民之中，她永远不会感到受欢迎。
cold noun (ILLNESS)
I've got a cold. 我着凉了。