company noun (BUSINESS)
I work for Duggan and Company. 我在达根公司工作。
- The commercial future of the company looks very promising.
- The company is concentrating on developing new products.
- The law obliges companies to pay decent wages to their employees.
- PolyGram is one of the world's largest record companies.
- In the space of just ten years, her company has grown from one small shop to a multi-million-pound empire.
company noun (OTHER PEOPLE)
I just enjoy his company. 有他陪伴我感到很愉快。
Margot came to stay for a week as company for my mother while I was away. 在我离家期间，玛戈到我家来住了1个星期，给我母亲作伴。
With only her thoughts for company (= being alone), she walked slowly along the beach. 她慢慢地沿着海滨散步，独自一人沉思着。
be good company
keep sb company
- You should take it as a compliment when I fall asleep in your company - it means I'm relaxed.
- She didn't mix with her contemporaries, preferring the company of older people.
- Where have you been? We've been deprived of your company for far too long!
- She entranced them with her intellect and the joy of her company.
- I can't stand academics - present company excepted .
company noun (THEATRICAL GROUP)
She's in the National Theatre Company. 她是皇家国立剧团的演员。