consider verb (POSSIBILITY)
[ + question word ] Have you considered what you'll do if you don't get the job? 你有没有考虑过，要是得不到这份工作你该怎么办？
She's being considered for the job. 目前正在考虑是否由她来做这项工作。
- Would you consider fostering a child?
- The council is considering banning vehicles from the town centre to relieve congestion.
- "Have you decided what to do?" "No, I'm still considering the various possibilities."
- I considered applying to university, but I eventually decided to go to the local poly.
- Have you ever considered a career in the police force?
consider verb (SUBJECT/FACT)
- Let us consider the events of the last five months.
- We need to consider this very serious issue in its totality.
- We were going to paint the house ourselves, but when we considered the cost in time and effort, we decided to get a painter to do it for us.
- He gave a slight shudder as he considered how near he had come to death.
- He saw the theatre as a way of forcing people to consider social and political issues.
consider verb (CARE ABOUT)
consider verb (OPINION)
[ passive + obj + to infinitive ] It is considered bad manners in some cultures to speak with your mouth full of food. 在某些文化习俗中，说话时嘴里塞满食物被认为是不礼貌的。
Do you consider him a friend of yours? 你把他当作朋友吗？