couple noun (SOME)
A couple of people objected to the proposal, but the vast majority approved of it. 有几个人反对该提议，但绝大多数人赞同。
- Take a couple of steps backwards.
- She lived in Rome for a couple of years, where she taught English.
- Take a couple of weeks off - you need a break.
- The getaway car was abandoned a couple of kilometres from the scene of the robbery.
- There's not much in the way of entertainment in this town - just the cinema and a couple of pubs.
couple noun (TWO PEOPLE)
a married couple 一对夫妻
- A fashionable couple posed elegantly at the next table.
- Lawyers for the couple have announced that they are starting divorce proceedings.
- It's normal for couples to argue now and then.
- Margot and Tom seem like a very happy couple - have they been married long?
- All the other guests at the party were couples, and I felt rather strange on my own.