court noun (LAW)
the European Court of Human Rights 欧洲人权法院
take sb to court
settle (a case) out of court
- What the witness said in court was not consistent with the statement he made to the police.
- The members of the jury left the court with a police escort.
- He arrived in court handcuffed to two police officers.
- The court awarded the women $100,000 each to recompense them for nine years of lost wages.
- They chose a famous barrister to represent them in court.
court noun (SPORT)
- We have squash courts available at work.
- When she walked onto court for the final, the crowd went wild.
- A new basketball court has been built in the park.
- Once on the badminton court, she becomes really aggressive.
- I'll meet you at the tennis courts.
court noun (OPEN AREA)