Children can be very cruel to each other. 小孩相互之间会很残忍。
- It's so cruel to keep a pony chained up like that all the time.
- Can't you see that you're really frightening your little brother? Don't be so cruel.
- We appear to have been the victims of a cruel practical joke.
- Fate played a cruel trick on him when he was badly injured in his first international game.
- Keeping animals in these conditions is unbelievably cruel - the farmer ought to be prosecuted.
adverb uk /ˈkruː.ə.li/ us /ˈkruː.ə.li/
B2 in a cruel way残酷地；残忍地