discipline noun (TRAINING)
B2 [ U ] training that makes people more willing to obey or more able to control themselves, often in the form of rules, and punishments if these are broken, or the behaviour produced by this training训导；训练；纪律；约束
- In some of these schools, army-style drills are used to instil a sense of discipline.
- The new teacher had failed to enforce any sort of discipline.
- Problems arise if the parents' approach to discipline is inconsistent.
- He's always harping on about lack of discipline.
- Several of the teachers were ineffectual at maintaining discipline.