a double primrose 重瓣樱草花
double noun (PERSON)
double noun (TWO PLAYERS)
double noun (BASEBALL)
doubleverb [ I or T ]uk /ˈdʌb.əl/ us /ˈdʌb.əl/
The government aims to double the number of students in higher education within 25 years. 政府计划在25年内使高校在校生人数翻一番。
- She's come up with some amazing scheme to double her income.
- Consumer spending has more than doubled in the last ten years.
- The amount of recycled glass used in manufacture doubled in five years.
- Alarmingly, the hole in the ozone layer has doubled in size this year.
- When the price of skiing in the mountain resorts doubled, tourists voted with their feet and just stopped going.
Fold the blanket double (= so that it is in two layers) and then you won't be cold. 把毯子叠成两层，这样你就不会冷了。