drugnoun [ C ]uk /drʌɡ/ us /drʌɡ/
drug noun [ C ] (MEDICINE)
anti-cancer/fertility/pain-killing drugs 抗癌／避孕／止疼药
a prescription drug 处方药
drug therapy 药物治疗
- The new drug could be an important step in the fight against cancer.
- There are doubts about the effectiveness of the new drug in treating the disease.
- For patients who do not respond to drug treatment, surgery is a possible option.
- The doctors gave him more powerful drugs in the vain hope that he might recover.
- I can give you stronger pain-killing drugs if these aren't strong enough.
drug noun [ C ] (ILLEGAL SUBSTANCE)
illegal drugs 非法毒品
a drug addict 吸毒成瘾者，瘾君子
drug addiction/abuse 毒瘾／滥用毒品
- The government are to step up their attempt to wage war on drugs.
- "I'm arresting you on suspicion of illegally possessing drugs, " said the police officer.
- The athlete was given a stiff punishment for using drugs.
- Police found a small quantity of drugs in his possession.
- Desperate measures are needed to deal with the growing drug problem.
drugverb [ T ]uk /drʌɡ/ us /drʌɡ/ -gg-
The killer confessed that he often drugged his victims before he killed them. 那名杀手供认在杀人之前他通常对受害者使用麻醉剂。