due adjective (EXPECTED)
in due course B2 formal
- The present chairman is due to retire next month.
- They backed out of the deal the day before they were due to sign the contract.
- When is the first payment due?
- The parliamentary session is due to end on May 27.
- He's due to appear in court again on Monday.
due adjective (RESULTING)
- The game has been cancelled due to adverse weather conditions.
- The problems might be due to a shortage of disk space.
- He is the first to admit that much of his success is due to his good looks.
- She had five days off work due to illness.
- Due to injury, the team captain was forced to withdraw from the match.
due adjective (OWED)
Our thanks are due to everyone. 我们应该感谢每一个人。
give sb their due