[ + to infinitive ] If we could all make an effort to keep this office tidier it would help. 如果我们都努力保持整洁，那么办公室的面貌肯定会大有改观。
He's jogging around the park every morning in an effort to get fit. 为了调整好身体状况迎接这个赛季的足球赛，他现在每天早晨都绕着公园慢跑。
- A considerable amount of time and effort has gone into this exhibition.
- Everyone ought to make the effort to vote.
- It was a real team effort - everyone contributed something to the success of the project.
- He's obviously making a special effort to be nice to me at the moment.
- He hauled himself over the wall, grunting with the effort.