engage verb (EMPLOY)
- We've recently engaged a cleaner.
- She has been known to engage the services of a professional shopper.
- For these services he would otherwise have to engage a psychotherapist.
- A professional coach was immediately engaged.
- 240 stewards were engaged to ensure that the game went smoothly.
engage verb (INTEREST)
- The subject doesn't engage me.
- For some reason the film failed to engage my interest.
- We're always looking out for new subjects that will engage our readers.
- The debate fails to engage him intellectually.
- He was examining his fingernails, one of which seemed to engage his attention.