escape verb (GET FREE)
Two prisoners have escaped. 两个犯人逃走了。
- In order to escape capture, he fled to the mountains.
- He had to jump out of an upstairs window to escape.
- Refugees have been pouring into neighbouring countries to escape the civil war.
- Both children escaped unharmed from the burning building.
- In the end she left home just to escape the tyrannical rule of her mother.
escape verb (COMPUTER)
escape noun (GET FREE)
He made his escape on the back of a motorcycle. 他骑上摩托车逃之夭夭。
an escape route 逃跑路线
- We've got all the exits covered, so they've no chance of escape.
- It was a daring escape.
- He told the extraordinary story of his escape.
- She gave a hair-raising account of her escape through the desert.
- It sounds as if you had a lucky escape .