establishment noun (ORGANIZATION)
the establishment [ S, + sing/pl verb ]
- She seems to have spent all her life studying in educational establishments.
- For an inexpensive place to stay, the guide book recommends a small family-run establishment near the cathedral.
- They embarked on a tour of the city's many drinking establishments.
- This large, rather run-down establishment offers rooms for US$8.
- This 16-room hotel offers more than the usual two-star establishment, though its location is not very good.