evidencenoun [ U ]uk /ˈev.ɪ.dəns/ us /ˈev.ə.dəns/
[ + to infinitive ] There is no scientific evidence to suggest that underwater births are dangerous. 没有科学证据证明水中分娩有什么危险。
[ + that ] Is there any scientific evidence that a person's character is reflected in their handwriting? 一个人的笔迹反映其性格的说法有什么科学依据吗？
There is only circumstantial evidence against her, so she is unlikely to be convicted. 只有间接证据对她不利，所以她不大可能被定罪。
Campaigners now have compelling documentary evidence of the human rights abuses that they had been alleging for several years. 人权运动者数年来一直声称存在践踏人权的现象，而现在他们已经掌握了令人信服的书面证据。
The traces of petrol found on his clothing provided the forensic evidence proving that he had started the fire deliberately. 在他衣服上发现的汽油痕迹成了法庭证据，证明他是蓄意纵火。
All the evidence points to a substantial rise in traffic over the next few years. 所有证据都表明，在今后几年中交通量会大幅增长。
- The jury heard conflicting evidence from three different witnesses.
- For a long time it was thought to be a harmless substance, but we now have evidence to the contrary.
- She was charged with giving false evidence in court.
- There is abundant evidence that cars have a harmful effect on the environment.
- The police believe he is the thief, but all the evidence suggests otherwise .