existverb [ I ]uk /ɪɡˈzɪst/ us /ɪɡˈzɪst/
exist verb [ I ] (BE)
B1 to be, or to be real存在；实际上有
Poverty still exists in this country. 这个国家仍存在贫困现象。
- It's in the poorer, underdeveloped eastern region of the country that the biggest problems exist.
- The English king, Arthur, is a somewhat shadowy figure who may not have even existed.
- Slavery still exists in many parts of the world.
- Laws exist to stop companies exploiting their employees.
- A special closeness is supposed to exist between twins.
exist verb [ I ] (LIVE)
Some species exist in this small area of forest and nowhere else on earth. 一些物种仅存于这一小片森林中，地球上其他地方都没有。