expression noun (SHOWING)
formal His sadness at the death of his wife found expression (= was shown) in his music. 他通过音乐表达了对亡妻的哀悼之情。
- I could tell from his grim expression that the news was not good.
- He listened to the music with an expression of pure rapture on his face.
- She looked at him with a surprised expression on her face.
- Modernism seeks to find new forms of expression and rejects traditional or accepted ideas.
- In this role, Durante is able to give full expression to that wonderfully virile voice.
expression noun (WORDS)
He uses a lot of unusual expressions. 他总是用很多生僻的字眼。