family noun (SOCIAL GROUP)
He doesn't have any family. 他没有任何亲人。
He's American but his family (= relatives in the past) come/comes from Ireland. 他是美国人，但他的祖籍是爱尔兰。
This movie is good family entertainment (= something that can be enjoyed by parents and children together). 这部电影是很棒的家庭娱乐片。
- Peter's success at college delighted his family.
- He read her letter aloud to the rest of the family.
- She values her job above her family.
- There were scenes of great joy as the hostages were re-united with their families.
- Several families take in foreign students.