feed verb (GIVE FOOD)
I usually feed the neighbour's cat while she's away. 邻居不在家时，我经常替她喂猫。
If agriculture was more of a priority, the country would easily be able to feed itself. 如果优先发展农业，这个国家很容易就会实现自给自足。
- Don't forget to feed the plants while I'm away.
- The horse rasped my hand with his tongue as I fed him the apple.
- It costs a lot to feed and clothe five children.
- This quantity of lasagne will feed six people.
- It's a good idea to visit the zoo when they're feeding the animals.
feed verb (PUT)
The images are fed over satellite networks to broadcasters throughout the world. 图像通过卫星网络传送给全世界的广播公司。
[ + two objects ] A member of staff had been feeding the newspaper information/feeding information to the newspaper. 公主的一名工作人员过去一直向这家报社提供消息。
feed noun (FOOD)