This is my first visit to New York. 这是我第一次到纽约。
Today is the first (of August).
in the first place
in the first instance UK
- You roll/throw the dice and whoever gets the highest score goes first.
- Their first baby is due in January.
- When did you first encounter these difficulties?
- I was amazed to hear that Chris had won first prize.
- Yesterday the company announced its first ever fall in profits.
Tom came first in the race. 汤姆在比赛中获得第一。
Who finished first? 谁先完成的？
B1 for the first time第一次；初次
When did you first meet each other? 你们初次见面是什么时候？
first noun (THING/PERSON)
He is the first (= very willing) to admit that much of his success is due to his good looks. 他非常愿意承认，他的成功很大程度上归功于他帅气的外表。