fit verb (CORRECT SIZE)
fit verb (BE SUITABLE)
fit verb (PUT IN POSITION)
fit verb (ILLNESS)
fit adjective (HEALTHY)
You need to be very fit to hike the Inca Trail. 徒步印加古道必须具备强壮的体魄。
- He's jogging round the park every morning in an effort to get fit for the football season.
- At 73, she's still fighting fit, walking five miles a day.
- Her hearing is going, but otherwise she's remarkably fit for a 95-year-old.
- "What do you do to keep fit?" "I jog and go swimming."
- Most exercise classes start gently, lulling you into thinking that you're fit.
fit adjective (SUITABLE)
be in no fit state to do sth
(not) fit for purpose