floor noun (SURFACE)
floor noun (LEVEL OF BUILDING)
This building has five floors. 这栋大楼有5层。
Take the elevator to the 51st floor. 乘电梯到52层。
We live on the third floor. 我们住在4楼。
floor noun (OPEN SPACE)
a dance floor 舞池
He spent several years working on the factory floor (= in the factory) before becoming a manager. 在成为经理之前，他在工厂里工作过几年。
have the floor
take (to) the floor
- I have an exhibitionist streak that comes out on the dance floor.
- The dance floor was full of middle-aged couples smooching to slushy ballads.
- The panel spoke for an hour before opening the discussion up to the floor.
- He started on the factory floor and worked his way up to the boardroom.
- The other dancers cleared as the bride and groom took to the floor.