freeze verb (COLD)
When the lake freezes (over) (= turns into ice on the surface), we can go skating on it. 湖面结冰后，我们可以在上面滑冰。
The weather forecast says that it is going to freeze tonight (= that the temperature will be at or below 0°C). 天气预报说今晚温度会至冰点或更低。
- She'll prepare the food ahead of time and freeze it.
- If required, freeze on day of purchase.
- The river froze to a depth of over a metre.
- It was so cold that the clothes on the washing line had frozen.
- The river freezes every winter.
freeze verb (STOP WORKING)
freeze verb (STOP MOVING)
freeze verb (MONEY/PROPERTY)