funny adjective (HUMOROUS)
I've never found Charlie Chaplin very funny. 我从来都不觉得查理‧卓别林很滑稽。
It's a really funny film. 这真是场滑稽的电影。
It's not funny - don't laugh! 没什么好笑的——不准笑！
No matter how disastrous the situation there always seems to be a funny side to it. 无论情况有多糟，似乎总有其可笑的一面。
- He was being funny but I think he was half serious.
- A funny thing happened in the office today.
- Her new book's hilariously funny.
- His speech was full of inanities that were meant to be funny.
- He's naturally funny - he doesn't even have to try.
funny adjective (STRANGE)
UK informal The television's gone funny (= isn't working correctly). 那台电视机出毛病了。
- This bacon smells a bit funny - do you think it's gone off?
- Over the years we've got used to his funny little ways.
- Roz has adopted one or two funny mannerisms since she's been away.
- That smell is making feel a bit funny.
- Why are you being funny with me? Have I done something wrong?
funny adjective (DISHONEST)
funny adjective (UNFRIENDLY)