future noun (TIME TO COME)
the future [ S ]
Sometimes I worry about the future. 有时候我担心未来。
We need to plan for the future. 我们需要计划一下未来。
Torn apart by war, its economy virtually destroyed, this country now faces a very uncertain future. 经过战争的蹂躏，这个国家的经济几乎遭到了根本性的破坏，前途未卜。
She's a very talented young singer, Mike, and I personally think she's got a great future ahead of her! 她是个非常有天赋的年轻歌手，我和迈克都认为她的前途一片光明。
in future mainly UK US usually in the future
Could you be more careful in future? 你以后能不能仔细些？
In future I won't bother asking him out anywhere if he's just going to complain that he's bored! 从今往后如果他抱怨说无聊，我不会再邀他出去玩。
futureadjective [ before noun ]uk /ˈfjuː.tʃər/ us /ˈfjuː.tʃɚ/
How do you say that in the future tense? 那句话用将来时怎么说？
for future reference
- Over the year we have had several debates about future policy.
- He detailed the future president's extracurricular activities while governor.
- She has been tipped as a future member of the Welsh Assembly.
- Speculation about his future plans is rife.
- Her technique became a standard against which all future methods were compared.