generation noun (AGE GROUP)
There were at least three generations - grandparents, parents and children - at the wedding. 婚礼上至少有3代人——祖父母、父母和孩子们。
first, second, third, etc. generation
- She is being acclaimed as the greatest dancer of her generation.
- His is a family trade, passed down from generation to generation.
- That song was popular with people from my father's generation.
- Some diseases are transmitted from one generation to the next.
- He was probably the most prolific songwriter of his generation.