government noun (GROUP)
the government of Israel 以色列政府
Theatre companies are very concerned about cuts in government grants to the arts. 政府削减艺术拨款，各戏剧演出公司对此非常担心。
- The government is spending millions of dollars in its attempt to combat drug abuse.
- Unlike the present government, we believe in serving the community.
- The opposition party have been in such disorder for so long that they pose no real threat to the present government.
- The people rebelled against the harsh new government.
- The government has said that it will not be intimidated by terrorist threats.
government noun (SYSTEM)
Her/His Majesty's Government
› the government of the UK英国女王／国王陛下的政府，英国政府