guilty adjective (FEELING)
- Don't make me feel guilty.
- I feel guilty about leaving you here all on your own.
- I was feeling a bit guilty about having shouted at her.
- You have a guilty look on your face.
- The look of reproach on his face made her feel guilty.
guilty adjective (RESPONSIBLE)
The defendent pleaded guilty (= they formally admitted their guilt in court) to the charge of manslaughter. 这家公司在法庭上认罪，承认了对其过失杀人罪的指控。
the guilty party
- The tobacco companies may be guilty of contempt of court for refusing to produce the documents.
- Without corroboration from forensic tests, it will be difficult to prove that the suspect is guilty.
- He was found guilty of defrauding the Internal Revenue Service.
- If found guilty, he faces six months in jail and a heavy fine.
- He would be found guilty under a strict interpretation of the law.