handlenoun [ C ]uk /ˈhæn.dəl/ us /ˈhæn.dəl/
handle noun [ C ] (PART)
a door handle 门把手
the handle on a suitcase 手提箱的提手
handle verb (DEAL WITH)
Some people are brilliant with computers, but have no idea how to handle (= behave with) other people. 有些人在计算机方面很出色，却不会与人打交道。
- This is a very delicate situation and it needs to be handled sensitively.
- Only some of the bank's lending operations are handled directly by the manager.
- The president has been criticized for the way he has handled the whole affair.
- The customer services department handles any customer complaints.
- So far, he seems to be handling the job well, but it's really too soon to judge.